PDA

View Full Version : new XC70 life on the Amsterdam Motorshow

XCelerate
03-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Today I went to the RAI Motorshow in Amsterdam, mainly to check out the new XC70 in real life. I really like this new Volvo. The 3D view really makes the difference. I was afraid I would not like the rear-end with all the plastic, but it simply looks good. Also the silver plastic things on the bumpers look OK in real life. I was afraid they would be a turn-off, quod non. On the official photos they seem to attract a lot of attention, but they just look OK (imho). Judging from the material you could easily have them spray-painted in the color of the car or the bumpers; I wouldn’t do it.
The interior is more spacey and it looks really stylish. The built-in DVD screens are nice and the panels to use them look good. I took a picture of the DVD unit in the center console, where also the Ipod, MP3 and aux connections are located.

I must admit I was considering to replace my current XC70 for an Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 TDI or 4.2 FSI. That car looks good in quartz silver, but compared to the new XC70 it just lacks the sturdy character. Also the Volvo's interior is more appealing to me. I changed my mind, no Audi, I will probably be one of the first to order this new XC70. I am really impressed with this new car, and I did not expect that to be the case after seeing the official photos.

I took some pictures; it was not easy because of all the people around the car.

tgwillard
03-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Nice pictures of the new XC70. I am looking forward to seeing one in person this fall at my dealer. But I like my 2006 so much I don't know if I will be interested in trading, but who knows.

skibo
04-05-2007, 02:22 PM
... Also the silver plastic things on the bumpers look OK in real life. I was afraid they would be a turn-off, quod non. On the official photos they seem to attract a lot of attention, but they just look OK (imho). Judging from the material you could easily have them spray-painted in the color of the car or the bumpers; I wouldn’t do it.....

Did you notice if those silver 'rings' are seperate pieces of if they are molded into the bumper cover? They would be far more paintable if they are seperate, and it would then be reversable too.

XCelerate
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM
They are separate from the bumpers.

Tyrant11429
04-09-2007, 05:48 PM
that XC looks nice, can imagine if they put that v8 in there.