PDA

View Full Version : 3309 ATF in Seattle?

Ag04XC
03-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I see no less than 10 XCs every time I leave the house, and Im pretty sure Ballard is the Swede capital stateside, so I know there has to be a couple Seattle XC owners lurking here. Has anyone found Mobil ATF locally? I suppose Id be willing to drive to Everett or Tacoma as well. No luck so far at a few Schucks-type vendors. No one seems to even know what Im talking about. Thanks.
eric

JRL
03-18-2007, 12:38 PM
I see no less than 10 XCs every time I leave the house, and Im pretty sure Ballard is the Swede capital stateside, so I know there has to be a couple Seattle XC owners lurking here. Has anyone found Mobil ATF locally? I suppose Id be willing to drive to Everett or Tacoma as well. No luck so far at a few Schucks-type vendors. No one seems to even know what Im talking about. Thanks.
eric
This is not exotic mystery fluid, go to an auto store and just order a case or two
or at the worst go to a Toyota store and buy theirs at a cheaper price than Volvos
(Same stuff)

volvoshad
03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
This is not exotic mystery fluid, go to an auto store and just order a case or two
or at the worst go to a Toyota store and buy theirs at a cheaper price than Volvos
(Same stuff)

OR order a case from avlube.com for ~ $50. You'll need a few extra quarts for a full flush - you can splurge for OEM, or use the Toyota Type IV.

Ag04XC
03-18-2007, 11:05 PM
(Same stuff)

Yeah. Thank you for that thoughtful response, jrl.
I was wondering if there were any local places that sold the stuff for cheaper than the $50+shipping (ipd, etc). I figured that someone might have a cheap source that I can pick up a case and some singles on my way home. Why reinvent the wheel driving around Seattle? Ever driven in Seattle?

volvoshad
03-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah. Thank you for that thoughtful response, jrl.
I was wondering if there were any local places that sold the stuff for cheaper than the $50+shipping (ipd, etc). I figured that someone might have a cheap source that I can pick up a case and some singles on my way home. Why reinvent the wheel driving around Seattle? Ever driven in Seattle?

I really doubt that you will find it for less than $4 a quart. This is not Dexron III. This topic (AW 55-50 ATF) is the most talked about subject on this and other FWD Volvo forums, and I have never seen a price mentioned below $4. The auto parts stores in Pgh don't carry it, and had no interest in ordering it for me; maybe Seattle is different. If you need to convince yourself that avlube is the cheapest, CALL around Seattle - all the parts stores, Toyota dealers, and I think Ford has a 3309 available, so call the Ford dealers as well. If you do find a local source for less than $50/case, please post the information for everyone's benefit. Maybe we can even get them to ship it.

Ag04XC
03-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I really doubt that you will find it for less than $4 a quart. This is not Dexron III. This topic (AW 55-50 ATF) is the most talked about subject on this and other FWD Volvo forums, and I have never seen a price mentioned below $4. The auto parts stores in Pgh don't carry it, and had no interest in ordering it for me; maybe Seattle is different. If you need to convince yourself that avlube is the cheapest, CALL around Seattle - all the parts stores, Toyota dealers, and I think Ford has a 3309 available, so call the Ford dealers as well. If you do find a local source for less than $50/case, please post the information for everyone's benefit. Maybe we can even get them to ship it.

Thanks Shad. I did read through several threads on the subject, and have found the information provided to be a bit ambiguous. There have been a handful of folks here that seem to know what they are talking about that make it sound as if there is some uncertainty about Ford and Toyota's brands, and that it is necessary to stick with Mobil 3309. I'll keep looking for a better deal, I have some time before I need to change my ATF.