PDA

View Full Version : Outside Ambient Temperature

Aviator
03-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey all !! Anyone know where the sensor is for outside temp....the one that gives you the temp in the instrument panel ? My wife ran the XC70 through a carwash last week, and ever since then the snowflake icon has been coming and going when the temp has been below freezing. I figure water may have gotten at it and screwed it up as it also comes on sometimes when the temp is above freezing. Tonight I was out in it and the temp was -6C and the icon was not on.....then about 30km down the road it came on. Again, it only happened after the car wash.

Dave

Art
03-09-2007, 09:26 PM
The ambient temp sensor is located in the housing of the passenger side view mirror. Your sensor sounds as if it is operating normally since the snowflake symbol only appears within the temp range of -5 to +2 degrees Celsius.

Aviator
03-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Okay so that would correspond to icing conditions then, but I know I've seen the icon on with much lower temperatures.

Dave

tgwillard
03-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, the snow flake only comes on a little above and below freezing. I was wondering where the sensor was since you can see the temp go down if you have parked with the sun shining on that side of the car.