PDA

View Full Version : O3 XC70 Needs Brakes

MGC
03-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Should I go with OEM brake pads and rotors or after market? If I go with an after market pad and rotor what brand should I use and will they dust as much as the OEM pads? Do after market pads and rotors work as well or better than OEM?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Morrie

volvoshad
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Should I go with OEM brake pads and rotors or after market? If I go with an after market pad and rotor what brand should I use and will they dust as much as the OEM pads? Do after market pads and rotors work as well or better than OEM?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Morrie

Consensus seems to be OEM brake pads. Aftermarket will generally have less dust, but many aftermarket pads are designed to work best under track conditions, not what I usually have on my daily commutes. When they are colder, they won't work as well as OEM. FCP Groton has good prices on OEM, as do Hirsch Industries and eeuroparts.com. Swedish Engineering recently recommended Wagner Thermoquiet pads as a good alternative to OEM with less dust. OEM rotors are generally supplied by Brembo, Ate, and Zimmerman. Slotted rotors offer some advantages, but are more expensive.

JRL
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Consensus seems to be OEM brake pads. Aftermarket will generally have less dust, but many aftermarket pads are designed to work best under track conditions, not what I usually have on my daily commutes. When they are colder, they won't work as well as OEM. FCP Groton has good prices on OEM, as do Hirsch Industries and eeuroparts.com. Swedish Engineering recently recommended Wagner Thermoquiet pads as a good alternative to OEM with less dust. OEM rotors are generally supplied by Brembo, Ate, and Zimmerman. Slotted rotors offer some advantages, but are more expensive.

Stay with OEM rotors

RedXC
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Brembo brand rotors are as good as OEM. My shop uses it on all of our Volvo line. No comebacks or defects.