PDA

View Full Version : XC70 vs V70XC

gregvet
02-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I know... I'll probably get flack for this question. :o I have a 2007 XC70 and in my town I have seen some probably older XC70 but badged as V70XC. Are they an older model of the same or is there a difference in regards to the motor (V70R motor in an XC70?) I think they are the same but I have not been able to find the answer via search.

Update: Never mind:o I found the answer. Here is a link if interested.
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200&highlight=v70xc+xc70

Willy
03-01-2007, 03:20 AM
I know... I'll probably get flack for this question.

I think I can learn something here: please let me know what this
expression means (English is not my native language).
Thanks in advance,
Willy

skibo
03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
"Flack" has come to mean verbal criticism - especially in response to an initial statement.

It was originally a slang word for anti-aircraft fire during World War 2 - those puffs of black smoke that you see around the bombers in movies.

littlewaywelt
03-01-2007, 08:37 AM
I know... I'll probably get flack for this question. :o I have a 2007 XC70 and in my town I have seen some probably older XC70 but badged as V70XC. Are they an older model of the same or is there a difference in regards to the motor (V70R motor in an XC70?) I think they are the same but I have not been able to find the answer via search.

Update: Never mind:o I found the answer. Here is a link if interested.
http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200&highlight=v70xc+xc70

The name was changed from V70XC to XC70 (I think) in 2005 to align with the XC90 naming methodology. I'm guessing they wanted it to belong to a more rugged group via designation rather than appear as a subgroup of the V70 wagon.

HalJason
03-01-2007, 08:51 AM
The name was changed from V70XC to XC70 (I think) in 2005 to align with the XC90 naming methodology. I'm guessing they wanted it to belong to a more rugged group via designation rather than appear as a subgroup of the V70 wagon.

This is correct, save for the year. Almost 100% sure that 2003 was the first year badged as XC70, rather than V70XC.

-Hal

Willy
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the explanation Skibo. Although I had some idea what flack is about (from the context)
I would never have guessed where the expression comes from.
Anyway, not much risk for flack on this forum, in fact I can't remember it ever happened.
Could that have something to do with the personality of XC drivers? :)
Willy

xc4life
03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Naw, yall wrong lww.
It was actually in the middle of 2002. I should know this, b/c I went with my parents to buy the car in Spring Break 02.(they were buying it for themselves, now its mine). But anyways, they were just ready to unveil the xc90 in that time period, infact they showed the people on the factory tour a movie of the new(at the time) volvo xc90. But yes, there were some notable changes. A new 2.5t engine (with 11 more horsepower), new logo for the steering wheel, new badging, new trunk side windows (new antennas), color matched rear pillar a/c vents, color matched window controls/locks/ panels(to leather color), rear wiper facing opposite way, new stock tires, choice of the "xenia" rims, option of xenon lights..so there we are, stuttle changes, but many. :) If your really serious in upgrading your V70XC to a XC70, I suggest just upgrading it to a M.Y.2005+ one, they look cooler :)

jenix777
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Name changed to XC70 from V70XC in june - july 2002 (MY2003)
at the same time Volvo added the Haldex instead of the VC.

Willy
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
And the 2.5T engine was introduced and the ZF steering rack and.... :D
Willy

VolvoStew
10-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Naw, yall wrong lww.
It was actually in the middle of 2002. I should know this, b/c I went with my parents to buy the car in Spring Break 02.(they were buying it for themselves, now its mine). But anyways, they were just ready to unveil the xc90 in that time period, infact they showed the people on the factory tour a movie of the new(at the time) volvo xc90. But yes, there were some notable changes. A new 2.5t engine (with 11 more horsepower), new logo for the steering wheel, new badging, new trunk side windows (new antennas), color matched rear pillar a/c vents, color matched window controls/locks/ panels(to leather color), rear wiper facing opposite way, new stock tires, choice of the "xenia" rims, option of xenon lights..so there we are, stuttle changes, but many. :) If your really serious in upgrading your V70XC to a XC70, I suggest just upgrading it to a M.Y.2005+ one, they look cooler :)

You are correct. We have both:

2002 V70XC
2007 XC70

TrueBlue
10-14-2007, 02:32 AM
- is that the drive to the rear wheels was changed from a quantity of gloop in a tube (Viscous Coupling, or perhaps "vicious" [happy]), was replaced by a much better and more reliable form of drive the Haldex system.

IMHO the VC just didn't deliver what was needed and in my tests didn't operate when starting from rest - icy driveways and the like.

Now that last statement may induce a quantity of flak.

PJ810
10-14-2007, 05:52 PM
You are correct. We have both:

2002 V70XC
2007 XC70

How substantial is the difference between the two in real terms?