PDA

View Full Version : Question about Rear Park Assist

tgwillard
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I have noticed that when frost or frozen water is on the rear bumper, the rear park assist will give a steady tone when I put the vehicle into reverse. The manual says to keep the sensors clean. Am I correct in assuming that what I experience is normal? When the frost or frozen water is removed, the park assist works normally again.

RedXC
01-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I believe it will be normal since the water is frozen and isnt clear so the sensor is thinking is close to a object.

MoeB
01-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes it's normal. Even water can set them off.

MLPVT
01-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I have noticed that when frost or frozen water is on the rear bumper, the rear park assist will give a steady tone when I put the vehicle into reverse. The manual says to keep the sensors clean. Am I correct in assuming that what I experience is normal? When the frost or frozen water is removed, the park assist works normally again.

Having even ONE very small drop of ice (or snow) over any of the (4) sensors will trigger the alarm. Once you remove it, it will work fine again. Believe me, I know, I live in northern Vermont [happy].

If it isn't possible to remove the ice/snow at the time, I simply turn it off and back up very carefully then turn it back on again.