PDA

View Full Version : Automatic locks

beloosh
12-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Rookie owner here again...
Is there a way to set the locks so that the doors lock on their own when you start driving? My old cars have done that and I thought it was a nice safety feature.

I appreciate your help.

JRL
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Rookie owner here again...
Is there a way to set the locks so that the doors lock on their own when you start driving? My old cars have done that and I thought it was a nice safety feature.

I appreciate your help.
Depending on the year your dealer HAS to do it (and will charge for the software)

mbsl98
12-29-2006, 08:57 AM
If you browse the Resources section of this site, you will find a list of all of the programable functions in the XC. You might go through it before going to the dealer for the lock program, since you can probably get any other program changes you want with litle added cost.

volvoshad
12-29-2006, 10:06 AM
If you browse the Resources section of this site, you will find a list of all of the programable functions in the XC. You might go through it before going to the dealer for the lock program, since you can probably get any other program changes you want with litle added cost.

I don't see automatic door locking when the car is placed into drive being an option here:

http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/programmable_customer_parameters.pdf

This document is a nice resource, though.

MoeB
12-29-2006, 11:15 AM
It's mentioned in the manual (p. 73):

Automatic locking (retailer installed option)

If your car is equipped with this option, all unlocked doors will automatically be locked when the car exceeds a speed of 3 mph (5 km/h).
Please be aware of the following:

If the doors are unlocked using the central locking button after the doors have automatically locked and no door has been opened, the doors will not automatically re-lock the next time the car exceeds 3 mph (5 km/h).
If any doors are unlocked by pulling up the lock knob after the doors have been automatically locked and no door has been opened, the doors will not automatically re-lock the next time the car exceeds 3 mph (5 km/h).
If a door is opened after the car has exceeded 3 mph (5 km/h), that door will not be re-locked.
* This option is only available on models built on or after May 15, 2000.

Unfortunately, the option isn't available on mine (Aug. '01 build date) for some unknown reason.