PDA

View Full Version : 2000 mile journey

philosophicaldreamer
12-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Just completed a 2000 mile journey in my XC70, and must say that this is the most comfortable car for long distance driving that I have driven. Yes, these cars can be somewhat finnicky in terms of their maintenance, but when they work they leave you almost breathless with admiration how well they are designed:)

Ta-ta, j.

RB's
12-20-2006, 07:16 AM
I took mine to Wisconsin a while back, it WAS very comfortable, but I've got to go with the Wife's for the best road trip experience...:D

John@CdnRockies
12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I have to admit that our darn old '04 Volvo is really comfortable on long drives. We do a regular 2,000 km (1,600 mile) commute to our country place in BC and I always remark on how comfortable those seats are.

I will admit that Faye's rig also has comfortable seats, but the Volvo is still tops as far I'm concerned. Last time she insulted me by saying that "this car is like a whale" (took a highway corner a bit fast). To which I responded: "It's loaded down with 2,500 pounds of building materials. Try that in your Mercedes and the headlights will be illuminating Mars".

John

RB's
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
:D :D :D Similar story with wife too!