PDA

View Full Version : Bi-Zenon Adjustment

Martin #6
12-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Can I adjust the light angle of the low beams myself or is this something the dealer can only do? I think the low beams are angled down to low and don't provide enough light out in front of the car at highway speeds. My only other experience with the bi-zenon lights was on a 2005 BMW X-3 that was a loaner for when our Volvo was in for maintenance. I liked the bi-zenon lighting on the Beemer much better than on our 2007 XC. Also when you started the Beemer, the lights went through an up and down motion like the lights were "blinking". Are the Volvo lights supposed to do this also at start up?

RB's
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
The Wife has the bi-xenons, they have the self levelling feature you're talking about. I think it's a dealer serviced issue. I could be wrong for the XC though.

JRL
12-15-2006, 12:30 PM
In my 04 R (different BiXenons) there is a little white 6mm hex nut in a recessed hole on the radiaotr support right above the lights.
If you have the same set up, it's just a matter of puttting the tool in there and turning about ONE turn.
Remember the high beams will also go up a bit but (at least with mine) it was fine and it makes a HUGE difference with low beam vision
Also turn up your fog lights (by hand, several turns reach under them, there is a long knob) to blend in with the low beams. This too helps A LOT!
ALL lighhs on all cars are adjustable in some way, so as I said, if your set up is the same as mine, it's quite easy.

tgwillard
12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
JRL: Where do I find the long knob to adjust the fog lights, assuming my 06 has the same adjustment scheme as does your 04. I don't have Xenons, but the adjustment for the fog lights should be the same, or should it?