PDA

View Full Version : Will 3rd row seat in 2002 fit 2004 model?

Social Circle
12-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I have found a used 3rd row seat from a 2002 XC70 in the correct color. Will this 3rd seat fit proprerly into my 2004 XC70?

JRL
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
YES!
It will

RedXC
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
As long you don't have a full size spare or a optional subwoofer under the cargo floor.

Social Circle
12-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am having one installed next week from a 2002 model into my 2004 model. I found a used one for $825 including tax and shipping. That is the best deal I could find on a 3rd row seat.

Coutainville
12-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Social Circle,

Are you getting the inside tailgate opening mechanism as well ? and the seat belts?
On my car the gate opening is link to the central locking, but somehow It does not operate at the same time than the central locking... My dealer told me that this was a safety feature !!!
It looks like the AirBags are extended to the cargo area as well, but I don't know if this because of the 3rd row, or on all models!!!
Pity they don't have them in leather...
Enjoy the fitting.

Cheers

littlewaywelt
12-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Social Circle,

Are you getting the inside tailgate opening mechanism as well ? and the seat belts?
On my car the gate opening is link to the central locking, but somehow It does not operate at the same time than the central locking... My dealer told me that this was a safety feature !!!
It looks like the AirBags are extended to the cargo area as well, but I don't know if this because of the 3rd row, or on all models!!!
Pity they don't have them in leather...
Enjoy the fitting.

Cheers

The side air curtains do come out in the cargo area, but I'm pretty sure that's just an attachment point and that they aren't protective/inflated back there, just fabric.
My 3rd row seat lock works at the same time as the rest of the central locking.

Social Circle
12-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Yes, I am getting the lock cylinder and seat belts installed too. The installer was a shop foreman at a large Volvo dealer in Atlanta for several years and now has his own shop. He said it would look like it came with a 3rd seat from the factory.

littlewaywelt
12-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Yes, I am getting the lock cylinder and seat belts installed too. The installer was a shop foreman at a large Volvo dealer in Atlanta for several years and now has his own shop. He said it would look like it came with a 3rd seat from the factory. You should also have a lever in the panel so that it can be opened from the inside.

XC70_D5_Sweden
09-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Hello! I have a XC70-03 that have a 3rd row installed. Now Im upgrading my sound system, and as a compliment a subwoofer would be nice. Is it really impossible to fit a OEM subwoofer with 3rd row seats installed?

JRL
09-03-2012, 05:52 AM
Impossible
3rd seat stores where the sub goes.
You would have to make some sort of custom sub enclosure that would fit somewhere else