PDA

View Full Version : Shop Manuals

davew
12-08-2006, 02:23 PM
can anyone tell me where i can get volvo shop manuals for my 01 XC70?
also the speciality tools if i ever need them .
thanks

Raynald
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
There is none. You'll have to get a VADIS (Volvo Aftersale Diagnostic and Information System) DVD (now called VIDA...). Some are available on EBay, but beware. You need a user key to use the DVD. Some sellers won't tell you that.

volvoshad
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
There is none. You'll have to get a VADIS (Volvo Aftersale Diagnostic and Information System) DVD (now called VIDA...). Some are available on EBay, but beware. You need a user key to use the DVD. Some sellers won't tell you that.

Raynald didn't mention that VIDA costs something like $6000 plus another $1000 annual subscription fee. :eek: Outdated versions can be had for much less however:

http://s40concepts.net/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9714&start=0&rid=1128&S=34c54003c81e5711966abcb8b5f6c08f

This particular vendor even includes activation codes and instructions. Outdated versions will have plenty of information (some of it a bit scandinavian cryptic from what I have seen) but you won't get the latest service updates.

Haynes UK recently released a manual on the P2 V70. It is european spec, and specifically does not include AWD. I have not read any comments about it's usefulness. I have hesitated to purchase this, given the $50 price and the fact that much of the V70 XC is not covered.

I have done a lot of work on my '01 XC mostly using guidance from this and other Volvo forums (I've even written a few myself), and so far, I haven't done any damage. It takes a little time to do the search, but can be most rewarding.

As for specialty tools, they are too numerous to mention on the P2 Volvos.:mad:

srs
01-08-2007, 09:46 PM
www.volvotechinfo.com

Jack
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I bought a VADIS DVD with a wiring diagram disk on eBay that has been very usefull to me. Cost was reasonable, even with shipping from the UK. As mentioned, VADIS has been discontinued, but I doubt much will change for an '01. For the price you can't get that info anywhere else.