PDA

View Full Version : Pic O' My XC

Arun01
12-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi Folks,

Spent some time writing this thread, and then accidentally deleted it (not the first time). I have to stop doing that :mad:

Anyhoo, there is a pic of my car on this website www.thedoctorservice.com
- scroll down to the bottom of the Homepage & then click on the link "Car Show Of The Month". It was taken with a poor quality camera, so I'll have to steal my wife's Canon Rebel so I can get some better ones...then figure out how to post them to this website :o

With the wheels, I bought them from tirerack.com (E1 alloys) for under $100 per corner. Also have brand new Yokohama's allround. Was able to get the Volvo hub caps from the original wheels & then epoxy them to the aftermarket caps to give that OEM look [sly]

Oh, and I forgot to mention on Saturday my Rockford Fosgate amp finally blew, so had to install a JL Audio to match the sub!!

I've been able to do a number of mods so far, but you know how addicting it can be...once you are hooked it is sooo hard to stop.

Feel free to offer any comments and/or criticisms

Cheers

Arun

2002 Volvo XC Silver
Premium, Climate & Versatility Pkgs. Tints, E1 Alloys, Cobra Alarm, JL Audio Amp & Sub, New Transmission, Side Scuffs, Modified Wastegate

Future Mods: Load Bars, Aluminum Dash Trim Rings, Bluetooth & iPod Kits, IPD ECU & Exhaust, V70R spoiler, Strut Brace

Jacksonfam5
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Nice. What performance boost does the modified wastegate give you?

Arun01
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks!

Not sure if the wastegate adjustment can be quantified in terms of actual HP, but it is definitely noticeable in terms of response & "seat of the pants" feel. It took less than half an hour to adjust & for zero cost. Then I thought about cranking the boost maybe 1 or 2 psi but that would pointless as the software would recognize the change & then default back to the factory settings.