PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Ipod options please!

airlaird
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Well..maybe I bought too soon. My 06 XC90 apparently has a fiber optic antenna?? A stereo shop tried every Ipod option out there and stated because there is a fiber optic antenna, any installation of direct connect Ipod adaptor is imposible because the 06 does not have an Ipod connect in the rear of the radio. ( The 07' does) He suggested a dealer install an 07 radio! Well, he further added if I put in ANOTHER aftermarket RADIO that accepts an Ipod it won't work because he would have to install a EXTERIOR antenna for reception (again because of the fiber optic antenna). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my options are on the Ipod for better reception?? ( I currently have the DLO adpator and it is very static over the speakers. What are my options for a better reception on the Ipod??
thankyou
Steve

billyduhn
12-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Steve,

Try looking into the Gateway 500 ipod adapter for the M.O.S.T. audio system. I don't have a unit myself (yet) but I've heard that this is the best solution (to date) available for our audio system in the market today.

- Billy
2006 XC90 2.5t, Magic Blue Metallic

airlaird
12-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Steve,

Try looking into the Gateway 500 ipod adapter for the M.O.S.T. audio system. I don't have a unit myself (yet) but I've heard that this is the best solution (to date) available for our audio system in the market today.

- Billy
2006 XC90 2.5t, Magic Blue Metallic
Thanks Billy (every time I post to the forum with a question, I get nothing but the sound of crickets ;-) Thanks for the info!
airlaird

dmd
12-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Maybe try an exterminator :)

airlaird
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Maybe try an exterminator :)

LOL!! Anyway, no luck. The gateway 500 system does not fit the XC90 yet...I'll try later this year.
airlaird