PDA

View Full Version : Seat pivot axis 2007 Volvo xc90

Mike F
12-03-2006, 07:22 AM
I respect and love my 2004 XC90. Bought it new. Towed with it, beached with it, shuttled "lesser" drivers in bad weather in it eyc.etc. Best vehicle along with our XC70 I ever owned.

Guess what Volvo did in 2005? They changed the way the drivers seat tilts at the hip. It no longer pivots past the point of rotating the hip foward. That knocked me and my broken spine out of any model year past 2004 unless my dealership could switch an old seat for a new one which they said the onboard diagnostic would recognize the seat as a "aftermarket" seat and void the warranty.

I wish Volvo engineers read and responded to this great forum and rescue me from my next car purchase which is a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The '07 Suburban is completely redesigned and the drivers seat tilts forward like my '04 Volvo XC90 does. I buy new every 3 years for multiple reasons and am sorry to not be able to drive an '07 XC 90.:( I'm keeping my XC but will no longer use it for cross state trips. No more towing with it so that should mkae the car happy in that way. Volvo Engineers are you listening?

coolwhipdefuser
01-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Thats really unfortunate to hear. I never would have thought that they would change the seat style so much, but I guess it wouldn't occur to me because I don't have back problems. Sorry about that man.