PDA

View Full Version : Passenger seat heater not working

Jay_Madrid
11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Just thought I'd check in case there is an easy fix. In my 2004 XC the passenger seat heater doesn't work. There is also no warning when the passenger seatbelt is unfastened- which I think is abnormal for this car (correct me if wrong). So I'm thinking that the previous owner may have disconnected a sensor to avoid the no seatbelt sensor and in turn deactivated the heater. Sound plausible? Any ideas? Thanks!

tgwillard
11-27-2006, 08:56 PM
First place to check is where the fuse is located for the seat heater as well as seat belt warning. If disconnected by previous owner, then pulling the fuse(s) would be the easy way to go. On my 2006 XC70 there are no less than four fuse boxes. Check the owners manual to locate the specific fuse and its location.

Art
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
The fuse for the RH seat heater (#8?) is located behind the panel on the driver side of the car. A faulty heater pad control module could also be the cause of a malfunctioning seat heater.

Apparently there are two versions (Euro/American) of the seat belt reminder. From what I understand, the Euro version is slightly different in that the audible chime/symbols reactivate when the car is traveling 10 kph or faster and the seatbelt is not fastened. However, I think that the reminder only applies to the driver side seat belt.

Jay_Madrid
11-28-2006, 02:51 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll have a look and see what I can find out.