PDA

View Full Version : Screwed Again at the dealer

k1tp
11-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I went to Stutz Vovlo in Salem to reset the SRS urgent service light....I triggered while replacing the radio....it should have taken them all of ten minutes to reset the DIM module..............the bill 140 dollars........they say it took over an hour!:mad:

philosophicaldreamer
11-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry for your experience.:( I hope you had brought a Vaseline jar to ease the pain of the financial intercourse that you went through. $140 for turning off a bloody light. They are really silly. Dealers wonder why people do not trust them: This is the type of behavior that puts them on the bottom of the evolutionary ladder. But as long as we allow ourselves to be screwed, then this what they will do to us. To be honest I don't blame them. If there is anybody to blame for this state of affairs, then it is us. If we all stopped going to the dealers, they would start treating us better.

Ta-ta, j.

Gundo
11-17-2006, 11:39 AM
BTW, my stealership reset the SRS light I set off installing the USA-Spec connector as a part of my $1,500 60K service.

RB's
11-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I went to Stutz Vovlo in Salem to reset the SRS urgent service light....I triggered while replacing the radio....it should have taken them all of ten minutes to reset the DIM module..............the bill 140 dollars........they say it took over an hour!:mad:

Can't you go to Autozone and borrow their reader and reset tool? Better yet, is there one for Volvo's available on e-bay?

Sasquatch
11-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Black electrical tape works well.

tom's new car
11-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I have a good idea......why not buy yourself an OBD cable and the PC software that goes along with it??????

paid for itself the 1st time my wife's passat engine light came on.......I read the code........the engine coolant temperature sensor was reading too low....in July!!!........$6 part, 20 min to replace.........the dealer gets >$200 for the same job........