PDA

View Full Version : Volvo C20 review

v70+xc70
11-13-2006, 12:40 PM
It came in bottom place in the European Car of the year award...

Volvo C30 (4)
This is clearly a desirable, high-image object and almost a great car whose five-cylinder petrol turbo version is actually a more satisfying drive than the Focus ST whose mechanicals it largely shares. Details spoil it, though: the hopeless luggage cover, the slow electric seat-slide mechanism with its lack of a position memory, too many hard interior plastics, the rattle of an unused front passenger seatbelt against the adjacent door pillar. These should have been fixed before launch.

William
02-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Didn't you mean to say "C30 Review" ?

William

AWD*V70XC
02-27-2007, 01:57 AM
I have driven the T5 version and have to say it is a very nippy little mini car. While it is a mini car it is rather spacious within. the front seat area is still a kin to the rest of it's bigger brothers & sisters.

the back seats are fine for a couple of young children but Volvo say you can have large adults in there as well, technically you can if you have small people in the front. the problem is there is only so much room inside and no matter what you move around, the seating arrangements are cramped for 4 large adults.

Other than that little fault the C30 is a great little car, I can see some of the annoying Volvo problems coming with the new model but |I suppose we have got use to them now and it have that stupid, annoying (well for me anyway) floating centre console :eek: although it is not quite as annoying as in other models so to the untrained eye it might seem OK.

Is it a hit or a miss :confused: I don't know to be honest. It certainly will not be a first time buyers car because of the price tag, It will not be someone changing their larger Volvo either, unless they are down sizing due to family changes, or it could be people moving sideways from the likes of a Toyota Corolla, Opel Corsa, Ford Focus etc.

I don't think sales of the C30 will be as great in the UK as Volvo had expected added to the fact that there is no green engine included in the line up, the greens will not be looking at buying it.