PDA

View Full Version : Denied VCOA Rebate

Ron N
11-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Has anyone been denied the $500 VCOA Rebate? I just received a letter today from Volvo North America stating that my claim is ineligible. They stated that the rebate is extended only to individuals and not to corporations. My 2007 XC70 is not titled in my personal name, but is titled to my Family Revocable Trust. Since when is a personal family trust a legal corporation? My wife and I are the only trustees.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I plan to call the Corporate Sales Center on Monday

Regards

carl
11-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Ron,
A Trust is not a Company, but it's also not an individual. Looking at the VCOA website, they seem to let Trusts, Companies, and individuals join since they don't seem to distinguish and there is a field called "Company." For $500, it's probably worth contesting their decision. Ask where the requirements are stated. What about the discount request form (is there any legalese on it?) or what you were told by the salesrep (probably won't help)? Then there's always claiming "misleading advertising" and telling them that you want to return the car... they should want to keep EVERY customer happy (especially those with three Volvos)!
Good luck,
Carl

Pennhaven
11-06-2006, 07:32 AM
I agree it is worth contesting. The purpose of these rebates is to increase sales and build customer loyalty to increase sales... So if you push it to a high enough level someone will recognize that it the long run annoying you will be worth more than $500. Afterall, it is an "individual" - you - who will be making the decision whether or not to buy Volvos in the future.

When we bought our '04 were not aware of the $1,000 AARP rebate we were eligible for and only found out about it the week after the purchase was completed. Technically we needed to claim the rebate before the time of sale to be eligible. It took me about three months of persistence to get the $1,000, but I finally did. It should help if you can get the dealership to go to bat for you. They also stand to lose money in the long run if you are dissatisfied.

littlewaywelt
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Has anyone been denied the $500 VCOA Rebate? I just received a letter today from Volvo North America stating that my claim is ineligible. They stated that the rebate is extended only to individuals and not to corporations. My 2007 XC70 is not titled in my personal name, but is titled to my Family Revocable Trust. Since when is a personal family trust a legal corporation? My wife and I are the only trustees.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I plan to call the Corporate Sales Center on Monday

Regards
While not directly relateable, I applied for the vcoa rebate and the AAA rebate. I called to check on the status after receiving only one check and was denied the former as they said the offers weren't stackable. I had printouts of everything on the rebate website including the terms and conditions(where that policy is not indicated) and made the case that I had applied under good faith and according to their t&c. I cc'd our atty on the fax. I received the 2nd check in less than a week. I'd check the T&C, if they don't state that you can't do it don't let it go. Additionally, you might also need to have your vcoa membership under the same name as the car's title.

Ron N
11-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I am happy to announce that VCNA will be processing the $500 rebate. It appears there was a misunderstanding within the Volvo Corporate Sales Customer Service Center regarding a "personal family trust". They did confirm that a "personal family trust" is NOT a corporation. Amazingly, this only took one phone call. I was prepared to have a few "discussions" to resolve the situation. I was advised the check will be processed within 4-6 weeks.