PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone changed their front endlinks?

BlackStarPower
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
I recently purchased a set of heavy duty endlinks for the front. I had my car in for an alignment and asked them about changing the front endlinks. They told me they had to cut the old ones to get them out. I was just wondering if that was true...

Has anyone changed theirs out and what was the process?

KEVIN

rodrigo
11-03-2006, 06:56 AM
the endlinks should be removable with regular hand tools...the torx size escapes me now...

BlackStarPower
11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Did you install your quickbricks? How do you know?

rodrigo
11-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Did you install your quickbricks? How do yo know?

well...turns out I was wrong on the torx size....its all socket and wrench work.
i have not yet installed the QBM link yet..in fact they arrived today, so I will be getting up nice and early tomorrow to swap them. I know because I read the installations for the QBM links on the QBM website...they were up for a period of time. He did mention the fact that it may be easier to undo the bolts if you spray the area with liquid wrench, PB-Blaster, or some other agent to help get through the corosion (if any). The installation instructions said that all you need to do is hold one end with a 16mm wrench (the 'flat' part) and undo the other side with a a 15mm socket.

take a good look in there and clean the area on the ends where the hardware is. post back your findings. :)

rodrigo
11-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Ok...I just swapped the OEM links for the QBM links.
Basically...all you shoudl need is a T30 Torx on a ratchet, and 15mm, 16mm open end wrenches, and 15mm/17mm ratchet. And a 19mm if you want to adjust the legth of the rod, pretensioning the sway bar.

BlackStarPower
11-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Which procedure did you follow?...quickbricks write up? Were you able to do it without taking the wheels off?

rodrigo
11-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Which procedure did you follow?...quickbricks write up? Were you able to do it without taking the wheels off?

I just followed the direections in the instructions that came with the QBM links..but read it carefully a few times...there's a lot of information on there.
I did pull off the wheels. jacked up the front of the car and used 2 jackstands.

BlackStarPower
11-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Do you know if it was a lot easier to do it with the wheels off? Also, were the torx wrenches to fit the qbm's? I have just a set of IPD heavy duty's. I want to get mine on but I am waiting for a break in the weather.

rodrigo
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
The torx are to remove the OEM ones: T30 and a 15mm or 16mm open end(dont remember) wrench.

The QBM's go on with a 15mm open-end/17mm socket or a 15mm socket/ 17mm open-end, depending if you are talking about the top or the bottom of the link.

seriously...once you look at it, it is simple. And I took the wheels off...you really have to IMO.