PDA

View Full Version : Help: SRS Airbag Message

k1tp
11-02-2006, 09:42 AM
I took out my hu613 radio and pulled out the spare change my grandson inserted in the cassette player.....started the car up and got the dreaded SRS urgent service message....I didn't disconnect the battery while pulling out the radio and climate control unt...what is my recourse? Don't tell me I have to replace an $800 dollar DIM modudle! That just doesn't make sense that a module is made to self destruct if the battry isn't disconnected corectly> Isn't there some way to clear the code and reset???

BillAileo
11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
I believe the code can be cleared by a dealer so long as the cause of the fault has been eliminated. I had the message appear in my '03XC70 and it was because the contact ring that provides electrical connection to the bag in the steering wheel failed.

Bill

DennisTheMenace
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
I just days ago pulled my hu out and found my self with that same message. My mechanic has an ODBII console and they cleared the codes off the system for 1/8th an hours labor charge.

RedXC
11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
That fault should not be there. The circuit is not wired to the HU.

Gundo
11-03-2006, 07:47 AM
I learned this the hard way. When I removed the stereo to install my USA Spec Aux-In / Ipod adapter I disconnected the Climate Control Module. If you disconnect the Climate Control Module, the system senses the fault and pops an Airbag code.

The dealer is the only one (unless you have the VADIS tool) that can clear this code. I tried with my Code Reader and could not clear it.

k1tp
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all the input................jon