PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Monitor - part number??

mbsl98
10-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Can anyone give me the Volvo part number for the special tire valve stem that includes the pressure sending transmitter requred by the tire pressure monitoring system?

I just got a near new Xenia wheel on Ebay to set up as a full size spare. After that I will rotate all five and always have a back-up in case of a tire failure. I figure it is cheap insurance against both AWD issues from spare and being caught in need of a full set of new tires when I am on the road someplace. The net cost should be about zero since the tires will last 20% longer, and I can sell the extras wheel whenever we finaly get rid of the car. Only slight downside is that you have to unbolt the rear floor to get a full size spare in and out (per my first try using one of teh current road wheels), but it is only 4 10mm bolts so I will probably just leave a spare wreich in there with instructions in case my wife gets a flat.

Anyone else doing a five wheel rotation?

Willy
10-18-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't rotate, I so switch front to rear in pairs if the depth of the threads becomes to different (since I use summer/winter tires, 10 of them would just be too much :D)
I don't think there are AWD issues anymore, they belong to the VC era.
Willy