PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have quickbrick endlinks or what do you have?

BlackStarPower
10-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I am about to order a set of quickbrick endlinks but I was checking to see if anyone on here has them and if they are worth the $200?

If you are not running the quickbricks, what do you have besides OEM?

I am looking for a cheaper alternative than quickbrick, but don't want to sacrifice quality.

KEVIN

Beiner
10-20-2006, 03:27 PM
IPDUSA.COM has a set of heavy duty end links. They're less than QBM but QBM are better.

rodrigo
10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
I will be getting mine by Wednesday this coming week. I have seen them, held them (at Swedish Car Day) and have wanted a pair for quite some time. I'll report once they are installed, and I can't wait to get them...everyone says they are top notch, and significantly gve the front end of the car a less rattly, more positive feel.

like I said...I'll report back :)

BlackStarPower
10-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I got cheap and got the set of HD's from ipd which come in this Wed. They were almost half the price, and they are the thicker heavy duty. I will check back later to give a report. I hope they can do just as much as the QBM's. I just had a hard time dropping $200 on endlinks.

rodrigo
10-23-2006, 05:16 AM
I hope they can do just as much as the QBM's.
Just by design alone, the OEM endlinks are at a dissadvantage, I think. The Heim joints on the QBM link ends are semi bullet-proof, and the shaft between the joints is very, very beefy.

I was also lucky enough to jump in a Group buy and get them for $140. Still expensive, but the way people rave about them...

We'll see...I'll keep ya'll updated as well.[thumbup]

srs
10-24-2006, 05:54 PM
How would one get additional information about quickbrick endlinks? I do not believe IPD makes the HD endlinks for 1998 models.
Thanks!

BillAileo
10-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Steven,

IPD does sell their HD endlinks for 1998 models. See this link: http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.aspx?CategoryID=1773&NodeID=5526&RootID=629

You can learn more about the Quickbrick end links at: http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/products.html

Bill

BlackStarPower
10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
My HD's from IPD just came in for my '98. Will be installing soon.

rodrigo
10-27-2006, 08:24 AM
My HD's from IPD just came in for my '98. Will be installing soon.

hope my QBM's come in today...:(

rodrigo
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
...the anxiety is killing me! [cussing]

Beiner
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
hope my QBM's come in today...:(

I thought Slater was out of his endlinks.

rodrigo
11-03-2006, 07:03 AM
I thought Slater was out of his endlinks.

i went in on a group buy...he made a batch, version IV, for the GB i think...im going to email him today.

rodrigo
11-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Ok....so today I insta;;ed the QBM Links.
Removal of the OEM parts was easy, and installation of the new QBM's were also pretty easy, but you have to be careful about the order in which the hardware is installed on the bolted ends, and on making the Heim-joint ends parallel.

The wagon feels very nice in general...adds a nimble feeling to the reaction when initiating a corner. One is able to feel the differences in sloped pavement more easily. The cornering is more solid, and positive feeling. When going over bumps, the front end of the car feels, REALLY REALLY tight...so no more rattling and just a firm 'BUMP!"...really tightens up the front end.

BlackStarPower
11-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Got mine on. I didn't have the quickbricks but I have a set of heavy duty ones from ipd and they feel pretty good.

Install was easy. I was able to avoid using the torx bits. I just used an end wrench to hold the flat nut while I used a torque wrench/ratchet on the end nut.

Everything does indeed feel a little more solid as rodrigo said. Turn-in is tighter and bumps are more of a solid bump than a clunk clunk.

Now I just need to chase down a loose front right shock I think.

KEVIN