PDA

View Full Version : Replacement of Fuel filler door

Wheel
10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Yesterday after I filled my car with gas, I went to the Car Wash for a rinse, since I wanted to clean the car at home. To make a long story short, for some reason, the fuel filter door broke off. I only realised this when I got home. Has anyone had to repace this door and can you share or help me please. I do not know why this happened.

Desertxc
10-09-2006, 02:57 PM
This happened to me at the car wash. I heard something fall of the car and when I went back to check it was the fuel filler door that had fallen off.

Found that the hinge had broken. this thread http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318&highlight=fuel+door will tell you how to replace the hinge and door.

Unless the car wash has your door you will have to go buy one from the dealer and have it painted. Unless you are lucky enough to find one in the proper color from a junk yard.

Wheel
10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info!. Just called the dealer. He said they will replace the door since it is still under warranty. Will take it in and see if this is the case. Will update this thread.

Ragman
10-10-2006, 05:21 AM
The same thing happened to me last weekend!

My swedish parts.com sells them painted with new hinge and spring for $130.00.

I wonder why that door panel lock logic is so goofy? When is it supposed to lock?

mbsl98
10-10-2006, 05:25 AM
The same thing happened to me last weekend!

My swedish parts.com sells them painted with new hinge and spring for $130.00.

I wonder why that door panel lock logic is so goofy? When is it supposed to lock?

The fuel door locking time is programable by dealer - one of those customer preference adjustments. It can be set to lock immediately, but the factory default is something like 10 minutes after you first drive away from the pump.
There is a full list of teh programable settings in the Resourcews section of this site, I think.

sadlerb_98
04-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Just replaced my fuel door on a 2004 XC-70 using the instructions off this forum. Pretty easy job really. I ordered the fuel door kit off myswedishparts.com. It came with everything needed except for the stickers, which I ordered as well. The part numbers for the stickers are on the bottom right corner of the stickers.

Thanks,
Bob