PDA

View Full Version : Rear window washer help

psaboic
10-03-2006, 09:15 PM
All,

Last week someone "kindly" broke the plastic washer nozzle "deflector" piece off of the rear window wiper on the wife's XC70. I managed to get a repalcement plastic piece, but I also noticed that the washer nozzle end is gone as well. Any idea on an easy fix for this. The Mrs wants me to fix it.

Many thanks,

Glenn

RedXC
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I think you can replace the the jet nozzle. I'm not sure. But many Volvo wagons are the same style. I can try to help you get more info.

psaboic
10-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Red,

Any info would be great. While it is fun to be able to squirt a jet of water at tailgating cars behind you, having a functional rear window washer again would be nice.

Glenn

judas9mm
10-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I did the same thing. I repaired it with a half inch long piece of tupe from a Windex spray bottle. I snipped a peice off with scissors and it fit perfectly over the part of the spray nozzle that was left protruding after you remove the plastic L shaped peice of plastic the covers the nut and washer fluid nozzle. Took the peice back off, melted the end shut with a lighter and poked a couple holes in the straw angled back toward the glass with an exacto knife. Works great! Let me know if you need a picture.

Dean

psaboic
10-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Dean,

A picture would be great if it is not too much trouble.

Thanks for the help and the offer.

Glenn

Willy
10-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi,
In the attached pdf file, you can find all parts of the rear window wiper.
For some reason I can't find instructions, but I hope the part number can be of help.
Willy

psaboic
10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
THanks Willy,

That info will definitely help

Glenn

Finman2
01-06-2015, 07:16 AM
A very old thread but very useful to me! Although I have a 2004 V70 T5 my problem was the same as listed here. Decided to change the wiper blade myself and snapped off the very fragile spray nozzle. The tiny part I needed cost a whopping £7.00! I was a little nervous at following the posted verbal advice but it worked a treat. I will try to upload some photos to help anyone else.

The photos are 1. Whats left when you flip up the cover. 2 The bit that broke off. 3. What the broken bit should look like. 4. Insert no 4 wood screw about 1 1/2 turns. 5. Wiggle and pull out the broken stalk.

You then simply insert the new nozzle and CAREFULLY flip the cover back down. Job done.

absent1980
01-05-2016, 08:27 AM
A very old thread but very useful to me! Although I have a 2004 V70 T5 my problem was the same as listed here. Decided to change the wiper blade myself and snapped off the very fragile spray nozzle. The tiny part I needed cost a whopping £7.00! I was a little nervous at following the posted verbal advice but it worked a treat. I will try to upload some photos to help anyone else.

The photos are 1. Whats left when you flip up the cover. 2 The bit that broke off. 3. What the broken bit should look like. 4. Insert no 4 wood screw about 1 1/2 turns. 5. Wiggle and pull out the broken stalk.

You then simply insert the new nozzle and CAREFULLY flip the cover back down. Job done.

Thanks a lot for posting this. I have exactly the same problem. All started from replacing a rear wiper blade which i thought would be a 2 min job as with my previous cars. However, wiper fixing snapped while i was trying to remove a blade (Volvo garage told me they often have this problem themselves). So i had to get a new rear wiper arm. Volvo quoted £45, i went for the aftermarket option - £17 including a blade. It appears to be ok but not as good quality as the original, time will tell the difference. Anyway, today installed a new wiper arm but snapped the nozzle and cant find it. Initially i thought it was lost but after reading this post it looks like a part of the nozzle is still inside. Will try to remove it with a screw. Found cheapest genuine nozzle on eBay for £9.50.

In general i found Volvo a bit tricky for DIY. For example isofix installation appeared to be very easy. It was at the end, but i had to buy a new set of wrench sockets (common sizes wouldn't fit) and a torque wrench which i never needed before.

JohnEBongo
04-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Just replaced my broken spray nozzle on my 2004 XC70 thanks to this thread and this forum!!! Thanks everyone!!