PDA

View Full Version : Inverted "U" rings

blazman
10-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Hello,

I picked up my new 2007 XC70 on Friday evening. Only 3 miles on the odometer; Very sweet. :D I'll be posting some pics soon, but wanted to get through the owners' manual first as we're driving into Italy next weekend. (Want to make sure I know how to operate the gadgets...)

Anyhow, I found two metal, inverted "U" rings on the floor in the backseat area. One on the left side, and one on the right. They are on the floor, near the corners of the fronts of the rear seats. They are not for LATCH or ISOFIX, nor do they seem to be used to attached the seats when folded down. The sales rep didnt have a clue and I can't seem to find mention of them in the owners' manual, either.

Does anyone know what they are for?:confused:

Thanks.

coastal
10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
They're used to secure the cargo net in the forward position when the rear seats are folded down.:)

gary
10-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Blazman,

Coastal has told you about the rings, so no comments from me on that. I just wanted to congratulate you on getting the new car [thumbup]. I found out that mine won't go into production until early November, which means I probably won't get it until early December. AAARRRGGGHHHH....the wait is agonizing! ;)

Enjoy Italy. Where ya going? We did a long weekend to Vicenza, Venice, and Verona when we lived in Stuttgart. Verona was really cool and amazing. I had been to Venice before...wasn't all that impressed, but it might have been different had it been just me and the wife (no kids) and the Gondoliers hadn't been on strike; Not a kid-friendly city in my opinion. But still..we very much enjoyed northern Italy. Have fun and be safe on the road!

Ciao!

blazman
10-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Coastal, thanks for the info!

Gary,

We're headed to Nove (just north of Vicenza) for an extended weekend of ceramic pottery shopping. (Nove is known for their pottery..) I know, I know, as exciting as that sounds :rolleyes: , I'm actually just going along to put the new Volvo to the test. [thumbup]

I lived in Desenzano del Garda for two years back in the mid 90s... loved every minute of it. While there, I would take the 40 minute trek to Vicenza once or twice a month to stock up on meats and checkout the BX, so I know the area fairly well.

Bummer about the delay to your car. Ours, too, was delayed while all of Sweden, apparently, was on vacation in August. Have you already paid for the car? A bit disheartening to plop down the cash and watch as interest accumulates on the loan... and have no car to show for it. You got the 17" rims? You'll love 'em!