PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side mirror whacked!!!

sachsarch
10-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I had an encounter with atree along my driveway. The galss is broken, still moves remotely. Not sure the housing is OK, it's off track. Dealer says the whole asembly is gone and wants $500 for parts alone. Any ideas for used/aftermarket/take it off and fix it/ replace mirror glass???

RedXC
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
You can replace the mirror. Just take the broken mirror apart. Inspect the motor. Dealership will want the big bucks from you even if the part they think is broken that isnt.

sachsarch
10-04-2006, 05:36 AM
The housing is raised up about 3/8 inch from its "normal position" on the bracket. I'm wondering if some plastic that wraps around the motorized turret is broken? I took off the triangular rubber cover on the inside of the car and will remove the mirror unit if I can. A couple of hefty cables go through there so I don't know if it will come out. Yes, the dealer has the mirror part for $65. That I can take, but the $500 is a rip. Anyone have a diagram that shows all of the pieces in the housing? Thanks for help.
Marv
[email protected]

RedXC
10-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I attached the diagram of the parts. I hope this helps. If you need a part # let me know. This diagram is for foldable electronic or non-electronic with or witout illumination (the light under the mirror). Image same but with different P/N listings. Do you have VADIS!? Is very useful for DIYers. =P

littlewaywelt
10-05-2006, 06:32 AM
I had an encounter with atree along my driveway. The galss is broken, still moves remotely. Not sure the housing is OK, it's off track. Dealer says the whole asembly is gone and wants $500 for parts alone. Any ideas for used/aftermarket/take it off and fix it/ replace mirror glass???

We had the glass replaced on one of our side mirrors. I recall that it was around $50.