PDA

View Full Version : fresh or recirculated button, hvac

mrscullini
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
when i start the car, no matter what time of day or how long the car has been idle, often time the fresh air inlet will be illuminated. i will always leave the recirculated button depressed. anybody experience this? is it normal?

coolwhipdefuser
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
I think that is what the car does by default when it starts. It has always done that with me.

bammers
09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I have another question about the fresh/recirc buttons: When I push the button for the recirc, like when driving down the highway, I've noticed that it does not stop allowing air through the vents (Fan is off, just the fresh air coming in normally). I know that when I push the recirc button on my 850 Volvo, air stops coming through the vents. I was wondering if anybody else has noticed this. It's like something isn't moving to close the outside air inlet off, and it is just staying open. Maybe a stuck door or something??

coolwhipdefuser
09-27-2006, 07:30 PM
To the best of my knowledge thats the way it is supposed to be. I acutally noticed the same thing today when I was driving on the highway at 65mph on the way to class today.

bugjar
10-03-2006, 08:26 AM
I beleive that this is fresh air coming in if the temperature knobs are set @ the proper temp. You can cease airflow by closing your vents, to the left and right of the driver and passenger, it's a little squiggly arrow and just turn it all the way down.

coolwhipdefuser
10-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I believe that was bugjar is saying is correct on that one. In order to stop the air flow completely you would just have to close the vents manually.