PDA

View Full Version : '01 XC70 Transmission Software Upgrade

sundaypunch
09-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I recently purchased an '01 XC70. It has 53k miles and no problems. I am taking it to the dealer for the free ETM software upgrade in a couple of days. While I'm there I would like them to do any recommended transmission software upgrades.

I have seen a number of threads here discussing the "stop / neutral" fix which is part number 30646691. My problem is that I am located in central Michigan where XC70's are a scarce commodity. None of the area dealers know anything about the stop/neutral software and the service people I have talked to don't believe me when I tell them the tranny on the '01's has this feature. I did have one tell me that he thought there was a new "anti flare" upgrade (p/n 30660721?). They are saying they will hook it up to the computer, check what version software I have and look to see if there are recommended upgrades.

Is there anything in specific I should ask for? Any downside to having them load the stop/neutral fix if they aren't sure about it?

Thanks.

Art
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
sundaypunch,

If you have yet to come across it using the search function, details of the TNN (Tech Net Note) relating to the neutral control engagement/disengagement along with the shift flare issue can be found in this thread (http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7097&page=2&highlight=shift+flare).

sundaypunch
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I see. That thread seems to be referring to the shift flare problem. I take it the stop/neutral fix is done independently of this one? Say my dealer recommends the "30677036 - shift flare" upgrade should I also ask for the "30646691 - stop/neutral" upgrade?

My dealer didn't seem to be too familiar with the tranny updates and said they would hook it up and see what was recommended. I'm sceptical that I will get everything I need. I'm 1 1/2 hours from the nearest dealer so I'm hoping to get it all done at once.