PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Reviews the V50

gary
09-08-2006, 12:02 AM
I was toodling around on YouTube.com looking at various Top Gear (BBC autommotive TV show) video clips and ran across their review of the V50. Not sure how old it is, and they're not too impressed with it, but the clip is quite humorous in typical Top Gear/British humor fashion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLJJ0-EueOo

Please, please, please tell me that I will be able to watch Top Gear when I move back to the States next year! Fantastic show! [thumbup]

TrueBlue
09-08-2006, 12:04 PM
.... Top Gear video clips and ran across their review of the V50. The clip is quite humorous in typical Top Gear/British humor fashion.

Thanks for that Gary I must have missed that one. The V50 is only a bit smaller than the '70 range and about the same price but considerably less capable - as they said Volvo Estates are for carrying vast loads. TG were comparing it with V70 sized motors - not a fair comparison.

Please, please, please tell me that I will be able to watch Top Gear when I move back to the States next year! Fantastic show! [thumbup]

I don't think you will - unless it is syndicated "over there", it's so British I don't think it will travel.

If you like our zany humour and peculiar ways could I persuade you to have a look tomorrow evening (Saturday 9th. September) on BBC tv at "The Last Night of the Proms". It's an example of serious music fans letting their hair down, dressing up and waving flags. It only happens one a year, and even if you are not into "serious music", you can't but help be amused by the dedication of the fans.

I know that it gets a world-wide audience, but passes most folks by, being put off as "highbrow", but the second half is definitely not.

Probably totally irrelevant - but could be of interest to you - especially as you're leaving us next year.

gary
09-10-2006, 01:54 AM
If you like our zany humour and peculiar ways could I persuade you to have a look tomorrow evening (Saturday 9th. September) on BBC tv at "The Last Night of the Proms". It's an example of serious music fans letting their hair down, dressing up and waving flags. It only happens one a year, and even if you are not into "serious music", you can't but help be amused by the dedication of the fans.

Mike,

Took you up on your suggestion and watched a bit of the "Last night of the Proms"...but it wasn't my "cup 'o tea" :), so I didn't watch all of it, but it was very impressive to see all those people at all those locales (London, Manchester, Glasgow, Swansea, Belfast), enjoying an evening of music. Of course, I had to stay up late and watch "Match of the Day" as I love the banter of Gary Lineker, Alan Hanson, and Mark Lawrenson...and oh...the football isn't too bad either! [thumbup]

rodrigo
10-20-2006, 05:46 PM
LOL...that vid's quite hillarious.
Volvo V50, Jag X-wagon...its all Ford in'it?