PDA

View Full Version : Ford Way Ahead

gary
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Not sure how many folks peruse The Car Connection.com (www.thecarconnection.com) , but they've recently been highlighting alot of "industry talk" with regards to the future of Ford and their way ahead. They even went as far to put together a poll in which the viewers of the site could vote on various "options" of what Ford could implement. The results of the poll were published today, 5 Sep. They are:

Ford's options: Which Way Forward is the right one?

27.7% A sell-off of the British brands.

10.5% An alliance with a big foreign name, like Hyundai or Renault.

16.5% Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

16.1% Going private.

12.5% All of the above.

12% Stay the course, the Way Forward is working.

2.6% Selling off its Mazda stake.

2.1% Selling off Volvo.

Note that the idea of Ford selling off Volvo didn't garner alot of support by viewers of that website. I guess that's a good thing. Anyway...take it for it's worth...I just found it interesting and thought it worth sharing.

John@CdnRockies
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Keeping Volvo makes sense to me as one of their issues is an over-reliance on big SUV's.

The latest update is that they just appointed Alan Mullaly from Boeing as CEO. Smart move as he was in the hotseat at Boeing with a large unionized workforce - a case of been there and survived to tell the tale. It must have cost them a pretty penny to bring him onboard.

Here is a link to the BBC about the announcement: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5318426.stm

John

hd70
09-06-2006, 04:47 AM
Keeping Volvo might be good for Ford. ...but what about the customers?

I'm afraid if Ford is losing more money, Ford may "cheapen" Volvo cars.