PDA

View Full Version : Roof Rails profile

JsR
08-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Anyone know if the XC90 and the XC70 roof rails have the same profile?

I have a set of XC90 wing-profile cross-bars that I'd like to fit onto the new car but the XC90 wing-profile cross-bar description specifically states 'XC90 only'.

Even if they're different lengths it looks very easy to shorten them slightly (the trusty hacksaw).

Wanted to check with members before speaking to dealer...

regards

John R

JsR
09-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Seems that the profile would be OK between the two vehicles but so much for me wanting to use the XC90 cross-bars on the XC70 (and my bright idea of shortening them to fit :rolleyes: ). I should have done a bit of basic homework first (RTM) - the XC70 roof is wider than the XC90 so unless I can source some air-hooks I'd better change my plans...

Actually, I've disposed of the cross-bars now so I'll have to look for another set for the '70. My preference is for the wing-profile - they look so much smoother and the noise factor with square profiles would be a real no-no.

John R

kat
09-29-2006, 12:09 PM

Actually, I've disposed of the cross-bars now so I'll have to look for another set for the '70.
John R

If you are not in a hurry put a search on ebay, I have got a load of good stuff off ebay for the '70 if you are prepared to wait and pass something up if its too pricey or poor quality.