PDA

View Full Version : 01 xc70 service light on, bad O2 sensor? Need help!

plopband
08-24-2006, 08:21 AM
My 01 baby has "service" light on. Mechanic guy said the O2 sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. But I doubt why not the "Check Engine" light on. Anybody knows the "Service" light, O2 sensor and computer diagnosing? I need help. Thanks in advance!

Plopband :confused:

plopband
08-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Car inspiction can not be done with the "serv" light on?

philosophicaldreamer
08-24-2006, 08:47 AM
My 01 baby has "service" light on. Mechanic guy said the O2 sensor is bad and needs to be replaced. But I doubt why not the "Check Engine" light on. Anybody knows the "Service" light, O2 sensor and computer diagnosing? I need help. Thanks in advance!

Plopband :confused:

There is nothing wrong with your sensor. Reset the service light.

Ta-ta, j.

Raynald
08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
The service light (SER-VICE) is only a time/mileage reminder between regular scheduled maintenance and can be reset manually (take a look at this (http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/xc_sri_reset_procedures.pdf)). To my knowledge, there is no link between thr SRL and O2 sensor... :confused: Do you have any message on the onboard computer?

plopband
08-24-2006, 08:57 AM
The service light (SER-VICE) is only a time/mileage reminder between regular scheduled maintenance and can be reset manually (take a look at this (http://www.volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/xc_sri_reset_procedures.pdf)). To my knowledge, there is no link between thr SRL and O2 sensor... :confused: Do you have any message on the onboard computer?

I have only one message on the board screen, saying "position bulb failure". I noticed that the little light on the right side of front body, just above the right front wheel, is not working. There is no other message. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. By the way, do you know how to replace the position bulb? [thumbup]

plopband
08-24-2006, 09:01 AM
There is nothing wrong with your sensor. Reset the service light.

Ta-ta, j.

You confirmed my wondering. Tons of thanks for the advice!

Plopband [thumbup]

Willy
08-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Hmm, what does this story say about the mechanic guy??
Willy

philosophicaldreamer
08-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Hmm, what does this story say about the mechanic guy??
Willy

It says that he is history!

Ta-ta, j.

Raynald
08-24-2006, 09:25 AM
It says that he is history!

Ta-ta, j.
Love that one! :D [thumbup]

RedXC
08-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Now that is funny. I believe the "mechanic" thought the service light was the old style service engine soon light. Man having going to a interval service with a good O2 Sensor replacement is crazy.