PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control leads to fire!!!

AWD*V70XC
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Looks like Ford is on a roll again; their ever-growing cruise control recall has added another 1.2 million vehicles. The recall covers a wide range of Ford trucks and SUVs, all sharing a common cruise control system that has been linked to 1472 complaints of fires. In the latest recall action, Ford is adding more than a million more trucks and SUVs to the list, for a total of about 6.7 million affected vehicles, among them versions of 1994-2002 F-Series heavy-duty trucks; some Excursions and Econoline vans; and 1998 Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers. Leaking brake fluid is suspected as a cause for the recall which is probably linked to 65 vehicle fires so far.

As Ford is a leading member of the PAG organisation and sharing is the name of the game I was wondering if any fellow XC'er have had problems with their cruise control?? I know I had some problems but I was told it was down to the faulty ABS system I had, now I wonder :confused:

Bluegrass-XC
08-08-2006, 11:32 AM
I haven't had any problems with the cruise. Works fine.

A good number of those recalled vehicles were made in my former hometown of Louisville, KY. It doesn't surprise me in the least that there's a problem with them. Most of the manufacturing plants should be gearing up to go on strike real soon since the tobacco crop will need to be harvested. All the country boys from down state will need the time off to bring in the crop. :rolleyes:

RedXC
08-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I had problems with the cruise control. Tried to turn it on, didnt set speed, indicator was on and wouldn't turn off. Shut off engine at next rest area, restarted light went off. Cruise control worked fine, tried to acclerate to certain speed to set, wouldnt set. Tried to turn off, was off but indicator was on. So I thought must be the chocolate that was left in there causing it to stick? So during the trip was in a hot weather area, it must of melted the choco away from the switchs or was it? It worked fine on the way back. It was cherry and relaxing at 95mph set.