PDA

View Full Version : 30k Service: What you might expect

MD-Daddy
08-05-2006, 05:10 PM
At 30k miles we took our Ruby '04 XC70 to the Falls Church (VA) Don Beyer for its 'check up.' Here is what the Service Recpt says:
-Reset Service Light
-Oil and Filter Change
-10,000 Interval Adjustment
-Replace Spark Plugs
-Replace Air Filter
-Replace Brake Fluid
-Lub Belt Tensioner and Check Drive Belt
-Diagnostic Code Check
---Certain models-adjust valves
-Throttle Service
-Rotation of Tires
--then balance the front
-Inspect Cabin Air Filter and Recommend Replacing if Dirty
-Reset Service Light

Other things we requested:
-Key FOB died, they replace/fixed
--D-Ring on FOB's broke off, they replaced D ring and installed keychain swivel
-Check/Verify VADIS updates in order, checked and all was as it should be
-Lug Nuts Rusting, they put shiny caps on nuts
-Check Brakes, they check brake pads/cylinders/etc
-Check Tires, they checked and said the wear is fine and they don't ned replacing yet.

Our service rep was BRIAN and our experience was good. We'll continue to go back given their added services....they dropped Mom and two kids off at Grandpa (1 mile aways) and picked them up when the car was ready bringing them back to the center for the final wrapup. Did I mention that they cleaned the car inside and out??? Dad was so pleasantly suprised to see that one weeks worth of Cherios were gone after Mom and the kids got home: they spit shined the XC!

MDD

RedXC
08-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Yup the correct service for the 30k mile service. I performed those before.

So those lug nut caps are from dealers? Interesting. We got one XC once, and was like HUH, are those lug nuts? Then we found out they were caps. That was fun trying to figure it out.

MD-Daddy
08-07-2006, 03:45 AM
...So those lug nut caps are from dealers? Interesting. We got one XC once, and was like HUH, are those lug nuts? Then we found out they were caps. That was fun trying to figure it out.

I noticed the lug nuts were rusting a tad once and asked another Volvo sales rep about it. He said something like, oh thats a known issue and its covered under the warrenty. So at 30k I noted it. Brian said that Volvo recommends the caps, so we got the caps. I've not studied them yet, but I wonder how sturdy they are...will they hold up to a tire change or should/could they be removed before trying to remove the lugs.

MDD

redwagon04
08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I noticed the lug nuts were rusting a tad once and asked another Volvo sales rep about it. He said something like, oh thats a known issue and its covered under the warrenty. So at 30k I noted it. Brian said that Volvo recommends the caps, so we got the caps. I've not studied them yet, but I wonder how sturdy they are...will they hold up to a tire change or should/could they be removed before trying to remove the lugs.

MDD

I have the caps, and I don't like them. I think they look a little silly. They have held up ok, and yes they have to be removed before a tire change with a little tool to pull them off.