PDA

View Full Version : Does Volvo Factory Sell Leather??

xc4life
07-29-2006, 08:17 AM
Hey i'm planning on upgrading my interior to the R "Acatama" leather + trim. I wondering if Volvo Factory can sell me sheets of it's leather, so I could get my seats + trim done at my local auto trim shop.....what should i do?? :confused:

Low Tide
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Umm.. no. You would have to order it upon your return. It's not cheap.

littlewaywelt
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Umm.. no. You would have to order it upon your return. It's not cheap.
I can't even imagine how much this would cost.

AWD*V70XC
08-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Hey I'm planning on upgrading my interior to the R "Acatama" leather + trim. I wondering if Volvo Factory can sell me sheets of it's leather, so I could get my seats + trim done at my local auto trim shop.....what should i do?? :confused:

Unlike Rolls Royce, who make the seats and trim 'on the factory floor' I guess Volvo have the seats made elsewhere and have complete units shipped to the factory for assembly.

Having viewed the RR seats made, I don't think you could compete against a computer for 'total usage' of a hide. Also these guys who make the seats 'sell' the off cuts on to another company for making bags, purses, bracelets etc so it is not waste but another money earner for them. I think the cost to you would be very high indeed. If you wanted some cheap hides you could look for a supplier in India where the World's largest tanning operations are carried on. Taking this route would also allow you to customise your very own hide with whatever you wanted on it!!! how about your initials in the centre of the back rest, now there's a thought.

Art
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I think the cost to you would be very high indeed.

The cost would be high indeed when you consider the origin of the leather.

"Only specially selected hides from high quality Northern European beef cattle are used"
More here. (http://www.bowleather.co.uk/sti/web/site/BridgeOfWeir/News/NewsVolvo.asp)