PDA

View Full Version : Rear facing carseat tether?

gaucho93
07-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Has anyone installed a rear facing car seat using the LATCH system and tether? If so, then where did you tether the carseat to the car!

Thanks in advance!

dmd
07-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Rear facing seats are a tight fit. I think I used one for the seat rails to attach to.

jmeyer3
07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Currently Britax is the only company that allows Rear facing seats to be teathered forward. They include a strap that can be looped around the front seat anchor and the teather strap attached. This is only available in the convertable seats. The only issue is that Volvo has not crash tested rear facing car seats teathered forward. This is not a teather anchor point installed by Volvo - good luck

littlewaywelt
08-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Currently Britax is the only company that allows Rear facing seats to be teathered forward. They include a strap that can be looped around the front seat anchor and the teather strap attached. This is only available in the convertable seats. The only issue is that Volvo has not crash tested rear facing car seats teathered forward. This is not a teather anchor point installed by Volvo - good luck
This is not correct. The tether for the rear facing seat is on the floor under the seat. There are anchors on each side and they are specifically designed as child seat anchors and the britax does not need to use the loop strap. It can clip directly to the anchor point. I've had three britax seats set up this way (two wizards and an advantage).