PDA

View Full Version : Next Problem

tzunuum
05-16-2002, 04:51 AM
Hi folks

This morning I had the next problem with my XC for the second time.

The car did not start. It seems there is some kind of stupid design with the fuel tank. I was parking downhill, not very steep and the pump seemed not to get any fuel. After I have added some 5 liters the car started as normal.

However, this has happend with almost 15 liters left in the tank. Has anyone experienced the same problem? I think it can not be correct that you can not start the car anymore with less than a quarter of the fuel capacity left. My deales was quite surprised with this kind of problem.

Best
Thomas

tzunuum
05-17-2002, 03:19 AM
Here come the followup:

I wanted to get the car back from the dealer yesterday evening. the fuel control indicated tank almost empty. So I drove to the next gas station just around the corner from my Volvo dealer. Filled the tank up and guess what. Tank was full after only 48 liters! added. Payed, started the car and ..... still indication that tank is empty, no information in the computer how many km left with the current fuel load.

Remeber that Í had the starting problem that morning with almost 17 liters left in the tank before I added another 5 liters.

Back to the dealer. He was quite surprised and checked some fuses for the electronic center unit. All were ok. Started the car again, no fuel indication but service message:  SRS/Airbag needs urgent maintenance.

Conslusion: probably severe software malfunction. I dont't know if I will get the cart back today.

Sound to me that there is to much software in the car maybe Microsoft http://xc70.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Will keep you informed on the problems