PDA

View Full Version : Moving ETM from car to car??

DonWillson
07-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Someone has to know if this works. I got the following July 17th.

"Thank on the information on ETM problem, After reading your bulletin I found out I have ETm problem with my 2000 Model Volvo S80 with 80,000 miles on it. VIN # e YVITS49K2Y1126825e. I believe my car is in the last stage of ETM problem, the stalling is more frequent.
The second part of the problem is that I reside in part of the world where there is no Volvo dealership, (In Port Harcourt Nigeria) local mechanic may not be able to repalce it without the VADI software, anyway round it?
Is there an alternative installation to keep me driving the car? or any known remedy to substain it temporarily?.
If I bought my volvo used in Germany can I join the class law suit.
Your response will be appreciated, keep me inform"

I have three ideas to throw out.

First: Has anyone tried taking a working ETM out of one car and putting it in another without a Vadis or VADI software update? I have one contact that has a new in-the-box ETM, that he does not need under the extended warranty. If he could hook it up to his car and have the software uploaded would it then work in the car in Nigeria?

Second: Would it work if both the ETM and ECM module were updated?

Third: I have a 2004 VADIS disk that I could copy and send him and he could buy the above mentioned ETM.

Any other bright ideas?

Don Willson
[email protected]