PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers and trim

arejohn
05-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Any suggestions on maintaining all the plastic trim. I am reluctant to use silicone products having heard the more you use it the more you have to use it and I don't like the run off.

I have the blue.

gibbons
05-02-2004, 07:08 PM
It's funny, but when I used to buy Accords, I bought the LXi model.  The El Cheapo DX models had raw plastic bumpers, not painted to match the body.  Now I pay more for a car with raw plastic bumpers.

Vintage and collector car guys use "303 Protectant". It isn't greasy, and doesn't have too much shine. I don't know about silicone, I am guessing not because it doesn't have any bad habits. It doesn't have pigments so you don't have to worry about streaking.

I have used it for years on my boat upholstery, and it is fine. I like it on the tires of our show car, and just put it on the Nokians on the XC.

AutoMonkey
05-04-2004, 10:05 AM
arejohn - check out this thread from last year:

Cleaning outside plastic (http://xc70.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=1733;hl=cleaning+outsid e+plastic)

Cheers!

AutoMonkey

arejohn
05-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Automonkey. Don't know what gear  my brain was in when I wrote this question. Decided to try Mothers first.