PDA

View Full Version : Alarm goes off when raining

DANWAY
07-08-2006, 06:56 AM
The alarm goes off at times during rain when my XC90 2004 is parked. The times that the alarm has gone off there was not high winds or heavy rains. I took it into the dealer and they did not have any answers. Does any one know what could cause this?

RedXC
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
That sounds interesting. I believe the OEM volvo alarms dont have any vibration sensors like aftermarkets. Maybe one of the sensors got wet causing it to go off. There is one for the hood,doors,tailgate, and i believe under the car or something to for the vehicle being lifted.

XC-nitti
07-31-2006, 05:37 AM
If you have an early model (2003) and a sunroof it is a known problem that the alarm comes off by heavy rain on some cars. Just in front of the sunroof the MMS 2 (Mass Movement Sensor) is attached to the ceiling. This problem has been fixed on later models. There is a kit that fix this on cars that has this problem.

A diagnostic instrument can determine which sensor that has caused the alarm to go off.

yamalowe
12-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I had the same problem with my 2003 XC90 the dealership has a fix for it and it hasn't happened since.

the-uki
02-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi,

can you please specify exactly where the sensor is situated?

A Volvo dealer told me that the rain hits the roof, and causes the problem, and suggested to put some soft buffering between the roof and the sensor.

Do you have more specification on the fix known by Volvo - my dealer never heard about this.

thanks

Art
02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
The MMS referred to is located forward of the leading edge of the sunroof underneath the headliner.

A few details of the TSB relating to the issue are contained in the PDF below along with a repair kit number. The procedure involves repositioning the MMS using felt and foil tape.

the-uki
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
The MMS referred to is located forward of the leading edge of the sunroof underneath the headliner.

A few details of the TSB relating to the issue are contained in the PDF below along with a repair kit number. The procedure involves repositioning the MMS using felt and foil tape.

Thanks for the file - I'll take it to my dealer and see what they say. Will keep you informed...