PDA

View Full Version : Hitch Up

Puff The Magic Wagon!
07-06-2006, 01:49 PM
On the www.volvocars.co.uk website, you can look up all the nice accessories you can get for your XC

I wanted a tow-bar (hitch to the Americans amongst us ;) ) so looked up the accessory price, rang up my favourite dealer and ordered it. I specified the website and price and they said no problem (well it took 3 weeks to sort out but thats another story :rolleyes: ).

In goes car (took 24 hrs longer than meant to for some reason) and I get a phone call the next afternoon.

"Hello - car is ready - where exactly on the Volvo website did you see this price?"

Navigated to said page - fitted price given.

"Ah - the charge should actually be £xxx (which equated to nearly twice the price as that I was expecting :eek: )"

Obviously at which point I dropped down a gear and growled.

Fair-play to them, they rang off, rang someone/conversed then called me back inside 10 minutes & agreed to the list price, infact a few ££ under as that was the closest their computer could make it! They weren't best pleased but couldn't argue the website under which auspices I had asked for and agreed on a price.

My guess is that Volvo UK will shortly be amending their website and that someone will have been re-posted to the Antartic on a 3 yr trip.

Me? I have a towbar at a price I was prepared to pay for - ie reasonable.

:D

John@CdnRockies
07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Well done. At least Volvo had the grace to honour the price that was posted.

We paid about C$1,000 for our Volvo hitch (dealer installed) and it has been worth every penny. Solid and secure despite towing loads close to the capacity limit.

I considered the price a bit steep compared to competitors but two years on do not begrudge having made the acquisition. Very nice to see that you have a deal on top of a good product.
John