PDA

View Full Version : the "service" sign

mostro
06-22-2006, 07:51 AM
i have a 2001 xc. the car already passed its 82k and it was seviced at a non-volvo retailer. however the "service" sign continues to light when i start the engine. how can i get rid of the blinking of the "service" sign? do you think only volvo retailers are the ones able to turn-off the signal after service?

Art
06-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the site mostro. :)

Instructions on how to reset the SRI can be found here. (http://volvoxc.com/resources/how-to/pdf/xc_sri_reset_procedures.pdf)

XC70Jazzer
06-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Art

I tried to reset the service light per the thread you pointed out but no luck. I have an 01 and what I gather is I get in the car and turn the ignition to position I then hold the tripodometer for 5 seconds , then I go to Position II and wait 10 seconds till the service light starts to blink then I release the tripodometer and it gives an audible signal CORRECT??

Well when I put the key in and turn to Position I there is no SERVICE light on then , then when I go to position II there is still no service light on and nothing starts flashing but I do hear an audible beep.
Am I doing it right??? The light has been on and it's bugging me.

The service light only comes on when I start the car not in the other ignition positions???

XC70Jazzer
06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Delay the last bit, I figured it out. I wasn't turning the key far enough to get to position II

Art
06-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Good to hear. :)

I've always used T-1 in the past but I'm not certain whether or not it makes any difference.

coastal
06-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Been meaning to do this for weeks now but was neglecting it... Thanks for the reminder!!!