PDA

View Full Version : Window switch

DBLD
06-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi,

Can anyone provide directions on how to remove the front passenger window switch from an '01 XC70? I searched this site, and though I can get the plastic cover off pretty easily, after that, I'm lost. There are no screws I can see holding it down, and I can't see how it's held in place because the armrest covering comes right up to the edge of the switch. Do I need to peel that away? Any help would be much appreciated - the switch will put the window up, but not down - I need to use the driver's side control for that. I'd like to get the switch out to see if I can fiddle with it/clean it.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Art
06-20-2006, 07:17 PM
You’ll likely find that the door panel along with the passenger door module will have to be removed. More here in this thread (http://volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7745&highlight=door+module)

DBLD
06-21-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your reply! I do appreciate it - guess I'll give that a try and see what happens.

nwxc70
06-21-2006, 07:01 AM
You will need to remove the door panel per those instructions given. Actually its pretty easy!

ChicagoXC
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Yup, the door panel must come off.

First, pry out the cover for the hex screw and remove it like you did.
Second, you will pry off the corners of the door panel from the door frame. Stick something that won't mar the door in between the panel and frame and pry it out an inch until the plastic anchor pops.

There are NO anchors along the top of the panel, just the two sides and bottom. There should be about 7 or 8 plastic anchors.

Once all of the anchors are off, the door panel will be hanging on the top of the door frame. Lift the panel straight UP about 3 inches, clearing the lock knob through its hole. ***NOTE: Now, you must reach in between the panel and frame and disconnect the plug connector under the armrest to the armrest controls (lock, windows, etc.). There's only about 5 inches of play in the cable o' wires.

Then, the door should come right up and off.

If I recall correctly, the switch is just screwed into the underside of the arm rest.

I'll post a diagram.

Should take 5 minutes to get the panel off.

NOTE>>>> DO NOT PRY off the speaker grille. The grilles are connected to the door panel. They pop in through 6 holes and then are melted to form anchors. They won't slow you down, but you gotta take off the whole panel to upgrade speakers, etc.

Good luck.

DBLD
06-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks again! This site and all of you are a great help! I really appreciate it and will give this a try this weekend.