PDA

View Full Version : Burglar alarm self arming feature

Willy
02-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi,
The burglar alarm of my xc arms istself after I leave the car, also when the doors remain unlocked (there are some tricks to avoid this, such as opening the hatch, waiting until all systems are shut-off and then closing it, this even works after having locked the doors with the key but it takes a very long time before the car is in sleeping mode).
I can understand that the immobilizer is activated, it seems that the burglar alarm is (soft?) connected to the immobilizer and becomes active as well.
Since there is no need for protection when my car is in the garage, I don't lock it. Of course, when I open a door afterwards, the alarm goes off.
I would like to see the immobilizer and the burglar alarm "decoupled" in such a way that the alarm only becomes armed when I lock the car.
I wonder if this is possible (if Volvo is willing to do it might be another matter).
Willy

VerVolvo
02-06-2004, 01:40 AM
You should be able to turn the alarm off by pressing the button on the center console (the one next to the DSTC button) when the ignition key is on position 1.
Obviously you will have to do this each time !

Willy
02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Yes, I know. But this only disables the guard for the passenger compartment, not the other functions.
Willy