PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Information

danlpotter
06-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Just bought my first Volvo ever - a really nice 2001 XC70, and I love it! Quite a difference from my Eddie Bauer Expedition I reluctantly traded off for the XC70...but I am more than pleasantly surprised. I bought the vehicle from a specialty lot that deals only in Volvos, not a Volvo dealership proper - my question is this: what is the easiest way for me to find out if any kind of warranty still exists on this vehicle?

DonWillson
06-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Just bought my first Volvo ever - a really nice 2001 XC70, what is the easiest way for me to find out if any kind of warranty still exists on this vehicle?

Unless there is some kind of extended warranty I am sure the Volvo bumper to bumper has expired. However the 10 year/ 200,000 mile warranty on the electronic throttle is an unconditional warranty to whom ever owns the car, first owner, second owner or tenth owner. See Http://vexedvolvo.org.

Bluegrass-XC
06-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I purchased an extended warranty from the non-Volvo dealer when I bought my 2000 XC. The warranty was from a third party warranty company, not Volvo, and basiclly covered darn near everything - ETM included - for 3 yr/30k miles. My 3 years will be up next January. Unfortunately, I'll hit the 30K miles within the next few months. :(

I get these solicitations in the mail about every other month from company's trying to sell me an extended warranty. Most won't touch a car with over 75K miles. With 84K on it now, I guess I'll have to pay retail the next time something breaks.