PDA

View Full Version : Where to look for yellow sticker ETM??

XC70Jazzer
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I was also wondering where to look on my car to see if it has had the new ETM put in. Where is it located and where do I look for the yellow sticker.

DonWillson
06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
I was also wondering where to look on my car to see if it has had the new ETM put in. Where is it located and where do I look for the yellow sticker.
Look at the 'technical' page at vexedvolvo.org

XC70Jazzer
06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Thank you Don,

I do have the original ETM with the white sticker. I guess my next question is even though I am not the original owner or have any warranty will the dealer here in my area put the new ETM for free based on Volvo's extended warranty on this problem???

XC70Jazzer
06-05-2006, 06:37 AM
Answer to my own question. I had the ETM update already on March 31 , 2006 at a Volvo dealer.

That's the good news anyway. Car is running great. I'm still reeling from all this negative press.

Does anyone have real high milage on their 2001 XC . I bought it thinking I'd get 200K miles but this model doesn't sound like it gets that far??

Willy
06-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Just a thought: The new software is able to hide that the ETM is going down.
By doing so, it is possible that the driver will only notice the failing ETM after some time,
possibly after the extended warranty has ended.
So perhaps it is better not get the upgrade and feel what is really going on so that you can act in time.
Please feel free to tell me I am wrong, in this case I even hope I am :)
Willy

Sasquatch
06-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Just a thought: The new software is able to hide that the ETM is going down.
By doing so, it is possible that the driver will only notice the failing ETM after some time,
possibly after the extended warranty has ended.
So perhaps it is better not get the upgrade and feel what is really going on so that you can act in time.
Please feel free to tell me I am wrong, in this case I even hope I am :)
Willy

I would hate to "limp home" from vacation which is a 4 hour trip at 70mph when "limp home" is 10-30 mph.

That said, my wife brought it in for this recall, and they said they don't do anything, just check it.

nwxc70
06-06-2006, 01:12 PM
My dealer checked my VIN and acknowledged that I was due for the software update and had me bring it in, so I'm wondering about the knowledge/honesty of your dealer...

Sasquatch
05-25-2007, 02:51 PM
My dealer checked my VIN and acknowledged that I was due for the software update and had me bring it in, so I'm wondering about the knowledge/honesty of your dealer...

Anyone else deal with Gallo in Worcester?

nwxc70
05-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, approaching 100K miles and no problems from the ETM. Software upgraded at about 85,000 miles. Mileage seems to be a bit off its peak, though...

JRL
05-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Thank you Don,

I do have the original ETM with the white sticker. I guess my next question is even though I am not the original owner or have any warranty will the dealer here in my area put the new ETM for free based on Volvo's extended warranty on this problem???
Open the hood, look straight down and you should see the yellow or white colored ETM

Sasquatch
10-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Open the hood, look straight down and you should see the yellow or white colored ETM

Then what? Is there a number or a date or what? This car is now off warranty, so I'd hate to incur an expense which isn't absolutely necessary.