PDA

View Full Version : Changing display on radio

fsrenduro
06-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a hu-613 radio. One thing I don't like is when you're listening to a CD it doesn't disply the running time of the song. It's wierd that when you hit FF or REW it displays the running time for a few seconds. Is their any way to get this functin to remain on all the time?

I couldn't find anything on this topic by searching and I've seen the AUM cheat sheets but none of those seem to say how to change what is displayed on the radio screen.

Thanks

brissim
06-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I'd be interested in a solution to this issue to. I have a HU-850 unit whose display operates in the same manner. Soon after I took delivery of the car I asked my local Volvo dealer about this. He searched around a bit but couldn't find a solution. He's suggestion at the time was the lack of timed CD tracks was that it could be a hard wired "safety" feature to minimise distractions to the driver!!!! I've tried fiddling around with some of the so-called advanced features of the 850 but have found nothing.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Tony

fsrenduro
06-04-2006, 10:40 AM
The thing that I find wierd about it is that not only does it have the ability to show running time, but that it isn't replaced by anything. In other words, if you do hit FF or REW and the running time shows up for a few seconds that info isn't displacing anything else on the screen. When it disappears nothing else comes on instead of it.