PDA

View Full Version : New to list

HD Sells
06-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2000 V70 XC SE with 44,870 miles. It is white with pewter leather interior. It sports the wood steering wheel, shifter and dash. It has every option except the rear fold out bumper cover....oh and it is missing the tool bag. Maybe the PO left it on the side of the road after the last flat tire, so ifanyone knows where I can get one that would be great. I am the third owner. What a great car.

I also have a 94 945Tic with many upgrades. I can never make up my mind which car to drive. My wife of course always wants to drive the V70 because our daughter loves the third row seat in the back.

I plan on doing many upgrades including the IPD Motronic+ upgrade with Tme dual exhaust out the back. That should get it equal in power to my 945TIC. I will keep you all posted.

I also will be filling out my ETM letter to get that replaced. That is a bummer, but hey it's a Volvo and made in Sweden. I wouldn't rather be in any other car.

tgrumaj
06-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the board HD. Sounds like a nice XC and very low miles for a 2000! You mention filling out your ETM letter to get it replaced. Right now Volvo is not replacing any ETMs unless they have failed. The letter to Volvo is for reimbursement of repair costs for those who had the work done before the warrenty change and need reimbursement. Otherwise the only thing they will do is a software upgrade and all you need to do for that is take it in to the dealer and ask them to perform the upgrade.

Not sure on the tool bag but I believe that there are sites on the web (you might even check Ebay) where you can get this. Given what's in mine the only thing of value you can't get anywhere is the torx driver of the appropriate size.

Be sure to contact Volvo Co. NA (VCNA) to register your car/vin number. That way you'll be on record for letters on recalls, etc. like the ETM change directly from Volvo. Just takes a phone call with your VIN number handy. Enjoy that new XC.

HD Sells
06-05-2006, 12:09 PM
There is so much that I need to learn about my new Volvo. I really don't care about the ETM issue. I can live with that. The car is so much fun to drive. It is much quieter than my 945 Tic sport wagon. I did purchase the front and back plastic floor mat trays from IPD. They are $62.60 including shipping. I would have gotten the back unit, but we have the third row seat and don't need it for now.

I have them in my 945 and they are great in the winter, holding in all the water and snow and debris... They should be here on 6/7. I told the wife she can't drive it till then because we did not get floor mats when we bought it.-lol. She loves it just as much as I do and sneaks it out when I am not at home.

talk to ya later,

H.

Tyrant11429
06-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the board and good luck with your new Volvo