PDA

View Full Version : molding discoloration

kevi99
05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
We have a 2004 XC90 bought in August 2003. All of the Black molding is very discolored "grey looking". Looks like car is 10 plus years old. Anyone else with this problem.
I will be taking car to dealer after 1st of June to see what can be done about it.

Also, the chrome looking trim around windows is discolored.

weroll
05-21-2006, 11:43 AM
About the chrome trim; that's a known Volvo problem. They turn greenish. Had it on a V70 and my XC90. Both times the trims were replaced beyond guarantee.

Big
05-21-2006, 02:13 PM
We have a 2004 XC90 bought in August 2003. All of the Black molding is very discolored "grey looking". Looks like car is 10 plus years old. Anyone else with this problem. Search in the XC70 forum for discussion of this. I recall that there were some preferred cleaning products and some problems with chemicals used at car washes.

Also, the chrome looking trim around windows is discolored. Milky streaks on the trim were a common problem with early XC90s. Is this what you mean by discolored? In my case the dealer replaced the trim with a (supposedly) better finish under warranty. That seems to have fixed it.