PDA

View Full Version : Help with XC70 bugs...

XCSwedie
05-07-2006, 09:49 AM
My 2004 XC is approaching 55,000 miles, and (so far) has treated me very well.

I have two problems (the first I consider minor).

1. There is a rattle in the front of the dashboard, where the dash meets the windshield. If I put pressure on the dash in that area, no rattle. I'm not sure if anyone has ever taken apart the dash (looks quite difficult), but I complained about this while under warranty, so I might get some support from my dealer.

2. Possible turbo problem? Only when it is warm outside (upwards of about 60f), when cruising at around 1800 rpms, a "whistling" is heard. When I put the engine back under load, it goes away. This also sometimes happens when I first start the car when it's warm.

Thanks in advance.

XCSwedie
05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Nothing?

Someone must have some ideas.

Jack
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
No real answers from me, but perhaps like many of us entering (or in) middle age it is just developing it's "personality". As you say nothing major, so maybe not to worry!

redwagon04
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
My 2004 XC is approaching 55,000 miles, and (so far) has treated me very well.

I have two problems (the first I consider minor).

1. There is a rattle in the front of the dashboard, where the dash meets the windshield. If I put pressure on the dash in that area, no rattle. I'm not sure if anyone has ever taken apart the dash (looks quite difficult), but I complained about this while under warranty, so I might get some support from my dealer.

I had the dashboard rattle/squeak in another car a while back...I stuck a little piece of cardboard between the glass and dash, and it went away...was rubbing. It was really annoying.

Puff The Magic Wagon!
05-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I had a really annoying squeek down by the passenger seat, couldn't work it out for ages, moving things around etc.

Eventually stuck my hand underneath the seat and found a piece of rolled up selotape caught between the runners and some plastic

Kids

:rolleyes: